Tuesday, July 9, 2013

The DDP Workshop, June 22nd, 2013

I just wanted to take the time to write about my experience at the June 2013 DDP Yoga Workshop!

You can see pictures I took from it on my video here at this main blog - and also at my member page at http://www.teamddpyoga.com/profile/ChristineBurcham

First - I had no idea what to expect...I just knew I was SUPER EXCITED to go - because I FINALLY would get the chance to MEET so many people that had been supporting me over the phone, email and facebook throughout my DDP journey so far.  Jake Roberts had personally sponsored me so I could go! But sadly, he was not there. I'm sure I will get the chance to meet him another time. :)

I was especially nervous and excited to meet DDP himself! The funniest part about that is.... I had never heard of him before I found DDP Yoga. I actually had to google him to see who he was and what the wrestling thing was all about. And when I finally actually saw him wrestle - I LAUGHED OUT LOUD - because I don't know him in that kind of persona - not in that way. It just hit me as funny. I mean no disrespect by saying this - I just don't know him in that way - so it was shocking to me.

So....My hubby and I ate lunch on the fly - and finally made the workshop. We had to walk quite a distance from our car to get to the center it was held in - we were cutting it close time-wise...

We went inside after my friend Lesley found me in the parking lot and showed me where to go inside - (Thanks Lesley!) LOL.
When I got to the door of the room it was being held in - I met TERRI LANGE for the first time in person - I was so excited! I also met DDPs girlfriend, Brenda K. :) She signed us in and gave us our T-shirts.

I was putting my pen (or something) away in my purse - when all of a sudden, I heard this familiar voice say - "Hey,  How ya doing?" - I looked STRAIGHT UP (the man is TALL!) - and saw that DDP had SNUCK UP on me!! So.....you know how you "rehearse" something to stay cool when your nervous? Well....FORGET ABOUT IT!! I LOST ALL THAT! LOL!!!
I just screamed "HI!!!" and DOVE on him and hugged him - then.....as cool as I am....
started to CRY!! (OMG Embarrassing!!!)

So then....I didn't want him to see me crying....so I ran into the room where we were going to work out and Terri ran after me to ask what was wrong!! I was SOO EMBARRASSED!!! LOL!!

This is me after I was done crying, getting ready to work out -


I finally composed myself - LOL then DDP chatted with us all and then we had the workout - It was great! I had SO MUCH FUN!!! DDP took turns going to different sides of the room so he could give everyone attention and workout with us all - and he helped adjust us too if we needed to improve our position during the workout.

At one point, he went to adjust me - and I giggled my head off - It was HILARIOUS!!!!



After the workout, we had a chance to take pictures with him and the belt - which was AWESOME!

Then we hit the showers....where my worst nightmare reared its UGLY HEAD!! LOL!!
There was only ONE OPEN shower for everyone, with like 5 showerheads in it! There were NOT individual showers! YIKES!!
I think I took the fastest shower in my ENTIRE LIFE - LOL!! I was lucky that I was alone the whole time and not needing to share what God gave me with everyone - THANK GOD!!!

I was also the LAST ONE to finish up (figures right?) and then the YOGA DOC - Craig Aaron himself (How cool is THAT!) Drove us to the second half of the workshop over DDPs house!

The food was YUMMY!! DDPs family is WELCOMING, WARM and WONDERFUL!! Everyone there is sweet, caring and attentive -
We ate yummy things, chatted about food, took more pictures, got an autograph and then it was over.
:(
But.....I was greatly honored to be welcomed into his home and that he was willing to open it up to us like that - and had a FANTASTIC time! I HIGHLY recommend that EVERYONE checks out a workshop if you get the chance. The one on one experience and workout is REALLY GREAT!

Did I mention it was FUN too? A GREAT TIME!!!

Christine :) :) :)!!!

1 comment:

  1. I had so much fun together that day I wish I could have stayed for the whole thing! Next time I am :-) keep up the hard work.. don't forget to follow my journey as well

    ReplyDelete