Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Back on the horse - Strapped in!

Hello everyone!

Just a quick update.

First things first - I just want to THANK EVERYONE who has visited my blog and has taken the time to read what I have written. The inspirational comments underneath my video on You Tube is WONDERFUL and I am blown away by the number of hits and the support.
THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH!!

This especially means a lot to me because all of my family and most of my friends live up North, so it is just my hubby and my kids here living in the south. I have very few friends here - so the support really means A WHOLE LOT!!! <3 <3!!!

My husband and I are getting prepared - he is having surgery on his neck on July 17th, and so we are very nervous. It has been a busy time. The kids are home from school on vacation and we have been trying to sell our other car. A trying time financially. But I have faith that God will see us through. :)

So....on July 4th, we had a few friends over, and I made gluten free brownies, and gluten free pasta salad with veggies in it, made with gluten free, diary free ranch dressing.

Both items came out REALLY YUMMY! The problem? I had too much carbs in one day...
Results! :( I gained 3lbs back! YIKES!!!

Summation! - Simple carbs ARE NOT your friends when it comes to weight loss! Gluten free or not!
Lesson learned! There are better carbs to eat if you are craving carbs - such as brown rice, yams, sweet potato, beans and Farina (a kind of oatmeal) - but even those need to be eaten in moderation - only a 1/2 cup a day!

So....I blew that one!

Photo


But TODAY!! After being really good and not having any carbs at all since then - I am back down to my 19.2 lb weight loss.  HOORAY!!!

I took all my measurements for my 90 day results and I have lost a total of 16.75 inches off my entire body so far! YAY!!!!

A typical day of eating for me is like this:
Breakfast - a veggie and fruit smoothie made with - tons of spinach, 1-2 carrots, 1 navel orange, and a hunk of ginger root (size of your thumb), and one apple. Sometimes I put Stevia in there to sweeten it up a bit. Then....I have a protein - which is either - 2 eggs fried up with oregano, sea salt and pepper - or 2 oz of sea salted cashews.
Or - a 3 egg omelette with mushrooms, green peppers and red onions, with sea salt, pepper and oregano - and 1 oz or less of creamy white goat cheese folded inside of it. YUM!!!

Lunch - usually some left over meat from dinner the night before or turkey breast on a large bed of spinach, carrots slivers, green peppers and diced onions.
Or - two hardboiled eggs mushed up with a fork and a tiny teaspoon of mayo mixed in it - either with or without the bed of greens above. and sometimes a piece of fruit.
Or - another smoothie and eggs.

Dinner - This varies the most. I make stuffed green bell peppers a lot. These are super yummy! I make portabella mushroom pizzas with goat cheese and gluten free pasta sauce.
Most times if the rest of my family is eating something with carbs, I will just take the protein part of the meal and separate my portion out and put it on a bed of spinach greens. - Delish!!

I also really like the DDP Kale Salad that DDP showed me how to make at the workshop.
That recipe will be posted this week. I have been gradually putting in those recipes a little at a time.
I hope that you have had a chance to look through them and enjoy and make some of them.

I've been doing a diamond cutter workout once a day - really working it.

Thank you AGAIN for visiting. I hope that you will follow my blog and my EXCELLENT JOURNEY to health with DDP - God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment